Modern technology is a wonderful thing and can help us get through our daily tasks more conveniently than ever before. With cell phones, tablets and laptops becoming increasingly advanced, we have many opportunities at our finger tips that were once deemed impossible.
Fitness goals can be hampered by a person not sticking to a plan or good habits, sometimes we just need a little reminder or some words of encouragement to go to Zumba or eat our greens.
There are many apps now available that can assist your fitness goals, read on to find out our top recommendations.
10.Coach Alba – Costing only $29.95 for a year and less than one session with a personal trainer. This made the list due to the fact that you can use it on ANY phone that can use SMS.
Coach Alba is an interactive robot coach who you can text at any time for help. Coach Alba helps dieters in crucial moments that can sometimes be repetitive but very useful and can be customized to your individual needs at specific times of day.
9. Calorie Counter by MyFitnessPal – This has a database of over 5 million foods and is 100% free. The calorie counter helps you keep an eye on your total limits for each day, wherever you are.
It also helps you track your exercise patterns and can be combined with over 50 other apps.
8. Endomondo Sports Track – Ranging from 100% free to a charge of $5 for the pro version. This app offers a community that helps people stay motivated towards their fitness goals, using GPS to track any exercise measured by distance covered.
This can also be linked with social media sites for those seeking positive motivation and camaraderie.
7. 7 Minute Workout – This app offers a great workout for people pushed for time to get to the gym and even supports Google Fit. The aim of the workouts is high intensity interval training (HIIT) that will show you it’s all about quality not quantity. In app purchases available.
6. Water Your Body – A simple app but very effective, people never seem to understand the importance of hydration, but with 5 million users Water Your Body is making waves. This app works out how much water you need to consume based on your bodyweight, it acts as a reminder and keeps a tally of your daily consumption.
5. Jetfit – Available for $4.99 and can act as your workout journal, users can track their workouts down to number of sets and reps per exercise.
JetFit helps keep you organized, offering a calendar to schedule your workout and rest days. With this app you can even record your new personal best records.
4. Bodybuilding and Fitness – The app that has it all, weight training, fitness, diet plans, exercise demonstrations and more! The app is free and a great choice for dedicated bodybuilders.
3. Lose It – Another great free app making the list that will count your calories AND log your exercise. This app is great for those who eat American branded foods as it has them stored on its database.
Compatible with other devices like the Nike+ FuelBand and other apps and offers a great online community to offer support so your quest to lose body fat doesn’t have to be a solo one.
2. Map My Fitness – For $5.99 per month offers a wide range of supported activities for fitness enthusiasts.
This app can be used for most activities, more than 600! It uses GPS to track your progress and gives details on maximum speed, pace, time and distance.
1. Pact – A very different app indeed, one that is free but gives you the option of betting on whether you will get to the gym or exercise. There is no room for cheating either as it makes you check in at venues for authentication.
If you reach your goals you can earn cash, if you don’t reach them you will have to pay up. This really is a fantastic idea and incentive for fitness enthusiasts, making it the top of our list.
Now you have it – the top 10 fitness and weight loss apps currently available (free and paid). So you have no more excuses not to pursue your weight loss goals with passion knowing that you have all the help you need to reach those goals.