A Detailed Guide on Weight Loss for Women Who are Looking for EFFECTIVE and SAFE Ways to Lose Weight!
The aim of this article is to provide information on the right combination of diet and women specific exercises and other weight loss aids that can help you lose weight without negative side effects.
What's on this Page
- A Detailed Guide on Weight Loss for Women Who are Looking for EFFECTIVE and SAFE Ways to Lose Weight!
- Probable Causes of Fat Accumulation in Women
- Possible Fat Burning Methods
- Fat Burning in Women
- Wedding Weight Loss for Bride
- PhenQ Diet Supplement
- Post Postpartum Weight Loss Plan
- Probable Causes of Post Natal Weight Gain
- Weight Gain after Cesarean Delivery
- Analytical Results
- Suggested Postpartum Weight Loss Program
- Diet During Post Natal Period
- Diet and Workout Plan
- Recommended Post Natal Pelvic Floor Exercises
- Recommended Aqua Aerobics
- Recommended Yoga Exercises
- Diet after Month 6
- Specific Diet for Cesarean Cases
- Specific Exercises for Cesarean Cases
- How to Lose Weight after 40
- Probable Causes of Weight Gain after 40
- Probable Weight Loss Methods after 40
- Weight Loss by Reducing Muscle Tissue Loss
- Weight Loss through Estrogen Balancing
- Weight Loss through Progesterone Balance
- Weight Loss during Menopause
- Weight Loss after Hypothyroid
- Weight Loss for Women with Diabetes (Types 1 & 2)
- How to Lose Weight after 50 and 60
- Losing Weight after Gallbladder Removal
- Best Weight Loss Supplements for Women Comparison Table
Healthy metabolism, slimmer physique, improved cardiovascular function and general fitness are some of the associated benefits of weight loss.
The main focus of weight loss for women is said to be on the key areas of fat cell concentration which are medically said to be the hips, posteriors and the thighs.
Fat accumulation in these parts is supposed to be relatively higher due to natural reasons for supporting pregnancy. Burning fat in these regions is said to be tougher than the chest, belly, arms and other parts of the body where fat is accumulated.
Probable Causes of Fat Accumulation in Women
The structure of fat storing adipose tissues in women is said to vary from the top of the body to the bottom.
By following the lipid pathway health nutrition experts reportedly found the upper parts to be short term storage locations. The lower parts supposedly got extra fat deposits due to some of the basic reasons stated below:
- Redistribution of Fat: Gluteal Adipocytes tissue distribution is stated to help protect the women’s body from metabolic disorders and pregnancy related stresses. Hence the hips, posteriors and the thighs are said to be long term fat storage parts.
- Estrogen Production: The generation of estrogen in women is said to be responsible for decreasing the muscle mass and increasing the fat accumulation during the teens, adulthood and middle ages. Puberty, menstrual cycles and pregnancy are the times when levels of estrogen increase. Women’s body is said to have a natural tendency for transforming calories into fat. This is supposed to help boost estrogen, which is produced by fat cells.
- Metabolic Rate: The metabolic rate is said to decrease among women in their 30s. This might result in added fat deposits due to reduced natural fat burners. The intensity of fat accumulation is said to be more during menstrual cycles, pre pregnancy, and pregnancy and post natal times. This might increase further during menopause resulting in probable obesity beyond control.
- Hormone Imbalance: The volume of a hormone called Leptin is said to be directly proportional to the fat deposition in the adipose tissues in women. The secretion of the hormone from the subcutaneous part of the women’s body is supposed to be responsible for the higher concentration of fat in these regions. Estrogen production is said to be one of the reasons for increase in the production of Leptin. This is stated to be a cyclic reaction, which might keep pushing the levels of fat and Leptin. Similar to Leptin there are many other hormones like insulin, and growth hormones whose imbalance could increase the fat deposits in the lower body part of women.
- Insulin Imbalance: The impact of insulin imbalance is said to be critical to women obesity due to the probability of fluctuations during menstrual cycles, pregnancy, post natal time and menopause. Resistance to insulin during menstrual cycles could initiate the process of fat deposition within a woman’s body.
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles: Irregular Menstrual Cycles may also cause significant increase in weight gain. Hormonal imbalance, pelvic organ problems, side effects of medicines and other biological reasons might contribute to the weight gain. This is said to be a vicious cycle, which gets repeated at every menstrual cycle, resulting in gradual deposition of fat. This type of fat accumulation could be highly difficult to get rid of since the probability of the body getting conditioned to fat might become high.
- Pelvic Organ Disorder: Over reactive bladder is a condition that affects women who have urinary tracts infection, stone formation and hormone imbalances. This is said to cause weakness in the detrusor muscle. If the disorder is idiopathic (unknown causes) in nature, the symptoms of obesity might increase with time. At some point, the process of fat accumulation may go out of control and obesity can become irreversible.
Possible Fat Burning Methods
All the methods of fat burning in women are supposed to be inclusive of the curative procedures for the problems arising out of the redistribution of fat, estrogen production, decreased metabolic rate, hormone imbalance, insulin imbalance, irregular menstrual cycles and pelvic organ disorder.
These measures might be achieved with the help of medications, therapy and surgical methods. But according to health experts and gynecologists, they could prove to be counterproductive in the long run. The main problems are said to be due to the side effects.
- Redistribution of fat is said to increase in women who use chemical based contraceptives during their young and adult ages. Studies reveal that these contraceptives cause the accumulation of fat in the inner linings of the subcutaneous organs. One of the surgical methods used for elimination of redistributed fat is said to be bariatric method. The major side effect of this method is said to be that the women can develop resistance to losing weight in future. If the women consumed any sort of fat in future, they might end up with conditions worse than the pre surgery time. Hence the recommended methods for reducing the redistribution of fat are diet and physical workouts.
- Treatment for estrogen imbalance could be given through traditional pharmaceutical medications. But some of the oral medications could in fact result in uneven body weight changes that might harm the user’s physical conditions.
- Effective relief and solution for the other causes listed above might also be obtained by adopting natural diet plans. Advanced research procedures from the nutrition experts seem to recommend the usage of fat and gluten free foods. Besides reducing the fat content in the critical sections of a woman’s body, these diet plans could also enhance the energy levels and promote hormonal balance.
- Insulin resistance may be overcome by consuming highly fibrous foods like spinach, Kale, apples, berries, whole grains, fish and lean poultry. Regular exercise such as walking is said to be highly effective in reducing the insulin resistance to a considerable extent. However the limitation is, these methods work best for the acquired causes of insulin resistance. For the inherited causes like genetic insulin resistance, the recommended methods should be considered only with the approval of your doctor or other medical experts.
Fat Burning in Women
According to health and nutrition experts, starving oneself or performing non productive physical workouts may not be enough to burn fat. According to them the key is in replacing the fat inducing foods with calorie burning foods.
This might be achieved by following the cycle of metabolism, burning fat in hips, posteriors and the thighs, reducing stress, increasing muscle flexibility and restoring the balance in body posture.
This is where the role of women specific physical workouts are said to be the key elements.
Hip Fat Burning Cycle
- Hip Fat Burning Foods: Low calorie foods are said to be helpful for releasing the fat content within the cells into the bloodstream. Here the fat reportedly gets broken down into carbon, water and fatty acids. Water and carbon may get eliminated through kidneys and lungs. The fatty acids are then absorbed by the muscles and connecting tissues.
- Hip Muscle Building Workouts: According to fitness experts, the fatty acids need to be burned off to avoid regrouping to form saturate fats. Hence they recommend squats, lunges and hip raises for transforming the fatty acids into energy. This energy is said to be absorbed by the hip area muscles. Since these muscles have lost the fat, they might get toned to increase the lean muscles mass and flexibility of the connecting tissues.
Thigh Fat Burning Cycle
- Thigh Fat Burning Foods: Flaxseeds, tomatoes, pepper, chilly, olive oil, brown rice and fish are said to help with burning thigh fat. Regular consumption of pomegranate juice may also enhance the process of fat burning in the thigh area. Increasing the water consumption is said to be another simple way of burning fat in the thighs.
- Thigh Slimming Workouts: – Walking, knee bending, standing thigh stretches and standing thigh presses may help in shaping up the thigh muscles. Pile squat exercise, using a table or chair as support could be helpful for toning the inner parts of thighs.
Posterior Fat Burning Cycle
- Posterior Fat Burning Foods: Gluteal fat is said to be of highest concentration in the posterior regions in women. Cinnamon, cumin, grapefruit, raspberries, Goji berries and almonds are some of the recommended food ingredients for burning posterior fat effectively.
- Posterior Shaping Exercises: Romanian dead-lift, reverse-wood-chop, side-plank, leg and hip raise and cross-body mountain-climber are said to be some of the recommended exercises for women.
Miscellaneous Fat Burning Cycles
Once the key fat zones get the attention, it is said to be easier for burning the fat in other regions like the chest, belly, arms and other parts where fat accumulates.
- Chest fat might be burned off by swimming and aerobics. Ginger, garlic, green tea and flaxseed might help in reducing the saturated fats from the chest region. This could be due to the fact that they interact with the cardiovascular muscles to a larger extent than other types of foods.
- Belly fat could be melted away by avoiding foods that cause acid reflux, alcohol and saturated fats. Aloe Vera is a recommended food ingredient for belly fat burning. Some of the recommended exercises could be different types of crunches like the twist, reverse and vertical forms. Rolling plank and hip raise could also be helpful.
Consistency in the diet plan and workout schedule is key to sustained weight loss. The process could be gradual, but it is more sustainable and free from negative side effects. The added benefits of such fat loss could be lean and fit body with optimum levels of skin tightness, muscle mass and bone strength.
Wedding Weight Loss for Bride
Every woman wants to look BEAUTIFUL and GREAT on their wedding day! So weight shedding and body trimming before wedding is always sought for by women.
Losing weight may also be helpful in lowering the risks of health hazards like high cholesterol and high blood glucose levels. Other added benefits of wedding weight loss may include improved cardiovascular health, balanced metabolism and hormonal activities.
Because of the short period of time available for the bride-to-be to lose weight before her wedding day, diet and exercise may not be enough. This is where a quality weight loss pill may come in handy to help kick-start the weight loss!
PhenQ Diet Supplement
- PhenQ is a weight loss supplement that is said to stimulate fast track fat burning. The ingredients include Nopal, Caffeine, Capsimax, Chromium Picolinate, Calcium Carbonate, L-Carnatine-Furmarate and A-Lacys-Reset.
- According to the manufactures, the supplement is said to be capable of burning the fat in the three key areas of hips, posterior and thigh regions pretty fast.
- Research reveals that ingredients like caffeine can extract the fatty elements from the adipose cells and convert them into fatty acids. The absorption of these acids into muscles is said to be followed by their conversion into muscle leaning energy.
Nopal and Weight Loss
Nopal is a type of cactus specie that may have many indirect effects on the fat burning process in a woman’s body. The ingredient is believed to help in initiating many of the processes like insulin tolerance, blood glucose and reduction of cholesterol levels in the bloodstream.
- By restoring the body’s tolerance to insulin, it might be possible to reduce the accumulation of unused glucose, fat and other nutrients. Fat deposition is said to happen in two prominent locations, namely the fat sensitive organs like hips, posteriors and the thighs. The other locations are said to be the muscles. According to experts the fat accumulated in muscles might be easier to eliminate due to their ability to be extracted with the help of natural fat burning elements. However the fat accumulated within the lower internal organs (for women) could be relatively difficult to get rid of since they may not be within the reach of the normal ingredients. In such cases the utilization of PhenQ might be useful as it contains Nopal as one of the ingredients.
- Nopal is said to be effective for gradual burning of fat to form essential fatty acids within the internal organs of hips, posterior and the thighs. The breaking down of fat in the organs is said to be responsible for converting it into fatty acids. These acids in turn can be burned to produce energy. The connecting tissues and muscles might be able to absorb this energy and enhance their tensile strength and flexibility. Since the organs are now relatively free from fat, the storage of energy within them may not result in increased cholesterol, excess glucose and other unhealthy deposits.
- Besides reducing fat and cholesterol, Nopal is also said to be effective in controlling diabetic cells within the woman’s anatomy. This could be due to its claimed natural ability to enhance insulin tolerance in the body. This might eventually mean that all the stored glucose is constantly being converted into energy. According to medical experts, controlled diabetes could also mean cholesterol and glucose free bloodstream. The improvement in cardiovascular health could also mean more oxygenated blood flowing through the fats stored within the internal organs. Oxygen is said to be one of the key fuels for burning fat in the internal organs. This process soon becomes cyclic in nature and the fat cells continue to release their content into the bloodstream for energy conversion.
- The process may even get accelerated when the woman combines the consumption of PhenQ with consistent workouts. One of the main reasons for women avoiding early morning workouts and walking could be due to physical fatigue and lethargy nature of the human body, especially that of women. The presence of Nopal in the bloodstream could be able to help the individual overcome physical form of lethargy as it is supposed to eliminate fatigue in the muscles and connecting tissues.
Caffeine and Weight Loss
Caffeine is said to be highly antioxidant in nature, besides being an appetite suppressant and fat burner. The effects of green coffee extract have been reportedly observed under clinical and real time tests.
- Moderate levels of caffeine reportedly reduced the rate of fat accumulation. One of the observed effects was that it reportedly prevented additional fat accumulation to the existing fat elements. According to the health experts this was supposed to be a benefit as they could focus their attention on the elimination of the existing fatty elements without having to worry too much about the increasing fat deposits.
- The effectiveness of caffeine on weight loss might be enhanced when the consumption of PhenQ in combined with regular physical workouts and healthy diet. The results may be gradual in the beginning, but the process might become faster after few days of regular consumption.
Capsimax and Weight Loss
According to research, regular usage of Capsimax as a weight loss ingredients might produce the desired results. This is because Capsimax is said to help in breaking down fats.
Once the fat is broken down it gets converted into fatty acids of different forms. Some of them are stated to be derivatives of triacylglycerol, while the others are derived from the separation of fat from the glycerol base.
- Capsimax is said to be capable of taking the fatty acids into the mitochondria of the muscles where they are again broken down to form energy.
- This energy is said to be absorbed by the muscles and connecting tissues.
- At this stage the role of diet and physical workout are said to be vital for the making of lean and flexible muscles. The diet might absorb the pure energy and store it within the protein and nutrients for future usage. The role of physical workout is said to be for utilizing part of the energy for toning the muscles. According to the experts this process may happen within the specific period of dosage time.
Chromium Picolinate and Weight Loss
Chromium Picolinate is said to have influence over the subcutaneous levels of fat. According to the research works conducted so far, this ingredient could interact with the insulin receptors in the body and suppress the “craving” for fatty foods.
The effect of chromium Picolinate on the burning of existing fat is also stated to be relatively high. According to experts, this ingredient can effectively break down the fatty acids and glycerol within the connecting tissues and ligaments connecting the bones to the muscles.
Increased flexibility in these regions could minimize the stress on the joints. This means that the person losing weight might be protected from added stress on the bones, which is said to be common during fat burning.
L-Carnatine-Furmarate and Weight Loss
Studies suggest that L-Carnatine-Furmarate may have effects on the metabolism rate of the obese person.
The ability of the ingredient to break down consumed foods into their constituent elements and distribute them through the bloodstream to reach the muscles and internal organs is said to be an important task.
This is supposed to help with the storage of energy released during the burning of fatty acids within the muscles and connecting tissues.
Post Postpartum Weight Loss Plan
Before delving into post natal weight loss procedures, it may be helpful to look at some of the possible causes of post natal weight gain.
It is a well known fact that pregnancy adds extra weight to a woman’s body due to natural reasons.
Some women are able to lose the extra weight quickly after childbirth, while it takes some a few months to do so. Unfortunately some women can’t seem to be able to get rid of the baby fat and a times may even add more weight after childbirth.
Probable Causes of Post Natal Weight Gain
- According to medical experts, post natal weight gain can be linked to obesity in the pre pregnancy period. The average Body Mass Index (BMI) among obese women seems to increase during pregnancy and might stay on in the post natal period.
- Unless the obesity is stated to be due to genetic disorders, it might be possible to find a viable means of sustained weight loss. According to gynecologists, the probable causes can be linked to hormone imbalance, physical inactivity, eating disorder, stress levels and other factors that pose resistance to weight loss.
- The link between BMI and circumference of the waist area is said to be considered while suggesting methods for weight loss. This may be due to the risk of diabetes, hypertension and heart problems. The diet plan for obese women with no other disorders is said to be different from those with one or more of the associated health risks.
- The connection between post natal weight gain and ethnicity could be another issue to consider. Several analytical studies are said to be conducted regarding the relationship between ethnicity and probability of weight retention during post natal period.
Weight Gain after Cesarean Delivery
According to studies conducted among obese women who underwent cesarean delivery the probability of weight retention is said to be more in the post natal period. In some cases the BMI is said to have increased also. Though the exact causes have not been determined, the probable causes are said to be attributed to some of the following:
- Uterine incisions, which tend to increase the chances of morbid obesity.
- Fluid retention in the post cesarean period is said to be another reason for weight gain. Other probable reasons are trauma, stress and lack of physical activities.
The analytical results obtained from the tests were said to be more accurate with respect to generic considerations and least accurate while considering ethnicity factor. However, the probable conclusions drawn were categorized into acquired and inherited factors.
Since the inherited factors like ethnicity and hereditary factors were out of scope, the acquired factors were reportedly considered for suggesting the possible weight loss methods.
According to the medical experts, weight loss strategy for women who gave birth naturally should be slightly different from that of those who underwent cesarean delivery.
The following section presents the generic methods for both types of delivery.
Suggested Postpartum Weight Loss Program
- Fat burning foods and exercise. Uniform distribution of muscle mass within the body is said to be a direct result of fat burning resulting from fat free diet and physical workouts. Antioxidant foods, regular walking, exercises like knee bending, standing thigh stretches and standing thigh presses are recommended as simple forms of workouts, which may help burn fat without stressing out the person.
- Infant feeding is one of the recommended methods for weight loss in the post natal period. According to health experts, the process of lactation could help in enhancing the process of weight loss among new mothers. Women who may prefer not to breastfeed their infants might benefit from natural supplements which are supposed to help with weight loss. One of such supplements is PhenQ. The ingredients in PhenQ may help in the elimination of cholesterol, normalization of blood glucose and pressure and generation of collagen for skin tightening. Other ingredients and benefits are already discussed above.
Diet During Post Natal Period
- Diet experts suggest that mothers have periodic tests done for blood sugar levels in the post natal period. This might help in determining the appropriate diet changes needed to be made.
- Changes in diet pattern may be recommended when the abnormal levels in the BMI does not decrease during the postnatal period. Then the doctor may make a comparative study of the diet during pregnancy and analyze its effects on the weight gain (or retention) in the postnatal period.
Health experts recommend that women wait for 2 to 3 months after baby birth before taking up weight loss program, since the physiology of the woman might require recovery period after birth. This is said to be specifically applicable to women who have given birth through cesarean surgery.
Diet and Workout Plan
Month 1 & 2
As recommended by the experts, there might be no need to jump into a weight loss program during this period.
But, you could start by switching over to fat free foods, which can provide high levels of nutrition also.
Brown rice and whole grain are recommended for the initiation of fat burning and energy production.
Adding celery sticks, cherry and tomatoes to cooked rice with salt and lemon juice can help provide the necessary nutrients also.
According to medical experts, breastfeeding during this time may also help in streamlining the fat burning process. In addition the baby gets the required energy through the nutrients in the milk from the mother.
Diet after Month 3
- Corn tortilla is one of the most recommended foods for postnatal weight loss. This is said to contain calcium hydroxide which extracts the Niacin content when cooked. The food is said to contain high volume of fiber and low calories. This may be helpful in suppressing craving for fat consumption in women. Moreover this is also stated to be a rich source of water and fluids required for fat burning.
- Baked fish is said to be free from saturated fats. The volume of unsaturated fatty acids like α-linolenic and docosahexaenoic acid present in fish may also help in burning deep rooted fat in the hips, posterior and the thighs. The recommended recipe ingredients for baked fish are spinach, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic and ginger.
- Low fat turkey recipe with sweet potatoes and onions could be one of the tasty choices with the possible benefit of weight loss. Turkey breast meat is said to contain selenium, sodium, vitamin B6 and proteins. The value of saturated fat is said to be zero in this food with optimum levels of proteins and calories.
- Lean meat is another recommended food in combination with green leaves vegetables, garlic and onion. Cooking meat is said to be better than frying as frying tends to add extra fat and cholesterol to the meat.
Workout after Month 3
- Walking is said to be one of the simplest and effective exercises. After starting with a couple of rounds in the garden, this could be extended to long distance walks early in the morning. Brisk walk can also help in reducing fat accumulations in the thighs (exterior and interior).
- Pelvic floor exercises are the other set workouts recommended for removal of fat in the lower part of the hip region and internal organs like vagina, bladder, uterus and the bowel. These workouts are also said to be recommended by physiotherapy experts, since they are supposed to restore the balance of the spinal cord with the other organs.
- Swimming is one of the most recommended exercises for losing weight in the postnatal period. In case of cesarean delivery, this exercise needs to be considered only after consultations with a gynecologist.
Recommended Post Natal Pelvic Floor Exercises
- Anus muscle squeezing is one of the recommended exercises for increasing the strength of urethra, vaginal and anus muscles. According to experts, this is to be done for 2 to 3 seconds in one session and to be repeated 6 times in a day.
- Tightening the abdominal muscles while laying down flat on the bed may help in burning fat in the region. Simple exercises like head raise, knee bending and raising the pelvic floor could be helpful in fat burning in the thighs and lower abdomen.
Recommended Aqua Aerobics
Aqua aerobics is another recommended exercise for post natal weight loss. Since the stress on the body could be more during these exercises, gynecologists recommend following the basic forms during the post natal period.
Some of them could be partial squats, heel raise, horizontal fly, lateral raise, arm curls, flutter kick, side-to-side scissors and bicycle.
By performing these exercises regularly it may be possible to shed weight uniformly all over the body. At the same time they may also help in strengthening the muscles and internal organs (bladder, uterus, bowel, urethra, pelvic floor muscles, cervix and sacrum), which may have been weakened during pregnancy and after.
Recommended Yoga Exercises
- Tiger posture is said to be beneficial for losing weight as well as getting rid of backache and toning of muscles in the legs and shoulders. This is also said to help improve the metabolic processes.
- Cobra posture is said to be a simple workout for weight loss in the chest and hip regions. This could be performed by lying down flat on the stomach on your yoga mat. Then, raise the upper portion of your body by putting your hands under your shoulders. You need to keep the rest of your body still and the legs straight during the posture. Formation of an arc on your back is said to stimulate weight loss.
- Half spinal twist is believed to be a posture for weight loss and strengthening of spine, abdomen and shoulder muscles. The stated steps for this exercise could be followed under the guidance of an expert after getting proper training.
- Some of the other recommended postures for weight loss during post natal period include boat posture, locus posture, leg cycling, bow posture and raised leg posture. All these postures are said to be beneficial not only for weight loss, but also for strengthening of bones and muscles throughout the body. According to the experts these postures need to be practiced regularly to get the desired benefits.
Diet after Month 6
The diet plan for 6 months into the postnatal period is supposed to consider many factors like body mass, lean muscle mass, weight loss %, waist and hip circumference change %, bay body weight etc.
If the weight loss % is within the expected range, you may continue with the same diet and exercise plan, which you followed after the month 3 period.
If you have not observed any significant changes, then you may need to change your diet and exercise plan in consultation with your gynecologist and nutrition expert. Then you need to keep monitoring the progress every month and take appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
Specific Diet for Cesarean Cases
- Garlic is acclaimed to be one of the most prominent foods for weight loss after C section. This is said to be due to the allicin found in garlic. This is composed of compounds like pyridoxal phosphate, pyruvate, and allysulfenic acid etc. All these elements are believed to be effective fat burning agents for lower body fat in the hips, posterior and the thighs. Pyridoxal phosphate is also found in spinach, carrots and egg white. Another reason for recommending garlic is due to its ability to kill bacteria and induce immunity against viral attacks after C section.
- Canderel is a sugar substitute and natural sweetener that has fat burning properties. This is recommended for post c section period due to its ability to reduce blood sugar levels and high blood pressure, which could be common during this period.
- Cabbage is one of the well known antioxidant agents. It may help in getting rid of cholesterol and other toxic particles in the internal organs. The recommended diet is to have cabbage soup or veggie juice along with tomatoes and beet. Crush all the three veggies in the blender and extract the juices. You may also add few pieces of garlic, ginger and mint leaves along with lemon juice. This preparation is supposed to be consumed early in the morning on empty stomach.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, weight loss ingredient and restorer of energy levels within the muscles and internal organs. Broccoli is said to be one of the veggies containing optimum levels of vitamin C. Salads made of broccoli, tomatoes, leafy green veggies and cucumber could be helpful in the restoration of healthy fluids within the body and for fat burning.
- Water is said to be a vital element that may aid fat burn and weight loss. According to health experts, you need to drink water at regular intervals to facilitate transportation of wastes produced during fat burning. According to nutritionists, the burning of fat produces carbon, fatty acids, waste fluids and glycerol. Carbon are eliminated through the lungs, while the waste fluids are eliminated through the kidneys. But their concentrations need to be diluted before they could find their way through the kidneys. Hence water is said to be what dilutes the waste fluids.
- Fiber based foods are good for healing the internal wounds caused by c section. Moreover they may also help to eliminate cravings for fatty foods.
- Citrus based fruits like lemon and orange are recommended for their ability to break down cholesterol and oil in the food we consume. Nutritionists may also recommend them constipation relief.
Specific Exercises for Cesarean Cases
Short duration workouts are recommended for postnatal weight loss program due to their effectiveness without putting stress on your body and mind.
You may need to do the workouts twice a day (morning and evening) to get the desired results.
Consistency in combining the workouts with the above recommended foods might help you lose weight gradually but steadily.
The risks of side effects are also said to be low. Your skin and muscles may also get toned, resulting in optimum BMI and muscle mass in the long run.
- Cardio workouts are said to be useful for burning fat within the internal organs like liver, stomach, intestine and elimination of cholesterol from the blood vessels.
- Stroller walk is one of the recommended cardio workouts for weight loss after c section. The effectiveness of this exercise may depend on the weight of the stroller you are pushing your baby in. According to fitness experts you may need to choose a moderate to heavy weight stroller and walk along moderately steep paths.
- Step climbing is another cardio workout which may help in burning fat in the exterior and interior thighs. You can do this whenever you go to a shopping mall, office or other locations where you may need to go to the upper floors in the building. Use the stairs instead of opting for the elevators. But you need to be careful to avoid putting too much stress on your body. If you notice any visible signs of stress, you may need to switch over to the elevator immediately after resting for a few minutes. You also need to consume plenty of water after the workout to allow your body to return to normal condition. If you are unable to find steps to climb, you may have to opt for a step climbing machine at home or at the gym.
- Elliptical trainer is said to be useful for burning upper body fat in the chest and shoulders. You can work out on the machine for short durations as recommended by your doctor.
- Rowing machine can be useful for shedding the overall body weight. However you need to consult your doctor if your body mass index is above 30 or you experience difficulties while working out. Your doctor may suggest you start with simpler forms of exercises listed above. Once your BMI has reached the levels recommended by your doctor, you may start using the rowing machine.
How to Lose Weight after 40
Before talking about losing weight after 40, it is important to discuss some of the causes of fat deposition, obesity and weight gain after 40.
There are differences between weight gain due to muscle mass, bone mass and fat deposition.
The first two are out of scope for this article and the third one is the obvious point of focus. Before proceeding further you may like to know a little about the most common hormones in your body.
The three main endocrine glands which produce hormones in women are the breasts, ovaries and the placenta.
Breasts produce estrogen, placenta generates the human chorionic gonadotropin and the ovaries produce progesterone, testosterone, estriol, Estradiol and the Estrone. Some of the other hormones are insulin, glucagon, ADH, LH, FSH, GNRH thyroxine, triiodothyronine.
The role of each hormone is unique in performing specific functions. These hormones may undergo natural changes when you reach the age of 40. You may not be able to feel the changes explicitly, but rather experience the effects of those changes in a gradual manner.
Probable Causes of Weight Gain after 40
- Loss of muscle tissue may lead to weight gain. As long as the weight gain is within the tolerance levels, you may not experience any health issues. But abnormal increase in the BMI and deposition of fat resulting in hip and abdominal circumference enlargement may lead obesity.
- The causes of obesity could be hormones, lower physical activity, compulsive eating, diabetes, medications and post surgery conditions etc. The key hormone causing obesity is said to be estrogen. After 40 the ovaries might start producing less estrogen. This could result in conversion of calories into fat since the fat molecules reportedly generate estrogen. Since the rate of calorie burning by the fat cells is said to be zero, the probability of weight gain increases naturally. Decreasing level of estrogen is also said to be responsible for the food craving after 40. According to dieticians, this craving might be more for fatty foods like red meat, dairy products, sweets etc.
- Another cause of weight gain is said to be the lowering of progesterone hormone production after 40. This could result in water retention within the muscles and internal organs, leading to bloating. This may not necessarily increase the body weight abnormally, but it might certainly enhance the appearance of obesity.
- Menopause could be another reason for body weight increase. Medical experts say that this condition could also result in a state of physical and mental lethargy, probably causing increase in fat accumulation. Women tend to carry most of their weight in the hips, posterior and thighs region. The effects of fat deposition may also extend to chest, shoulders, under arm and skin at the subcutaneous layers.
- Hypothyroid conditions are said to be responsible for the increased cases of obesity in women after 40.
- Diabetes type 1 and 2 could be responsible for the deposition of fat and increased obesity among women after 40.
Probable Weight Loss Methods after 40
If the probable cause(s) of your over-weight or obesity are among those listed above, you should be ready to take certain steps towards reducing your weight.
The process of weight loss after 40 is gradual in nature and may require considerable time and effort on your part. The main scope of coverage in this article is with respect to the diet and physical workouts. You may have to consider each health condition separately while selecting the diet and workout methods.
Weight Loss by Reducing Muscle Tissue Loss
Sarcopenia is the process of muscle mass loss that occurs with aging. Among some women this may start at the age of 40. And for others it may start at 50+ or 60+ and accompanied with low serum levels, lower mobility and sex hormone imbalance etc.
Diet for Sarcopenia
Some of the dietary recommendations for Sarcopenia are Leucine supplement, amino acids, and protein supplements. Recommended foods include low fat cheese, roasted soybeans, skinless low fat poultry, pumpkin seeds tuna fish and cooked beans. You may need to consume these foods without frying to avoid added fats.
Physical Workouts for Sarcopenia
You may need to get busy with physical activities like brisk walking, moderate levels of resistance exercise and aerobics.
Weight Loss through Estrogen Balancing
- Diet for Estrogen balance should contain foods rich in vitamin B6, B12, zinc, fenugreek, low fat carbohydrates etc. You may find them in green leaf veggies, carrot, beets, sweet potatoes, whole grain, fat free chicken, egg whites, strawberries, red potatoes, banana, apple, lean beef, fat free turkey etc.
- Recommended exercises for balancing estrogen levels could be vague in nature. However moderate levels of aerobics exercises are recommended for balancing estrogen in the long run. The other set of recommended exercises are anaerobic exercise like sprinting, cardio exercises, walking etc. The combination of sprinting and walking is said to be one of the best remedies for reducing stress in your body. Combining these exercises with the diet plan on a regular basis may help balance your body estrogen level. However you need to consult with your physician before incorporating any of the above recommended diet plan and exercise routines into your regimen.
Weight Loss through Progesterone Balance
- The level of progesterone in your body can be balanced through regular consumption of foods containing vitamin B6 and C, zinc, magnesium and L-Arginine. Some of the foods containing these nutrients are spinach, mackerel fish, brown rice, broccoli, kale, tuna fish, turkey, oysters, lean beef, peanuts, trout fish and olive oil. Consuming plenty of water may also help combat the symptoms of edema in the long run.
- The exercises for progesterone balance are said to be aimed at removing waste water from the muscles and internal organs. According to fitness experts, yoga could be one of the effective ways to balance progesterone levels.
- Some of the suggested postures include the mountain pose, Taadasana, halasana, chakrasana and sun salutation. Taadasana is said to be effective for free flow of blood facilitated by muscle stretching. When this posture is practiced in combination with the diet recommended above, it may enable the draining of excess water from the muscles. Hence the muscles start losing waste water and may get toned. Sun salutation may also help to improve body flexibility.
Weight Loss during Menopause
- Some of the recommended foods for weight loss during menopause are unsaturated fats, semi skimmed milk, grilled foods, avocado, oily fish like sardines, mackerel, herrings and salmon, fresh fruits, oats, lentils, beans and yogurt etc.
- Shedding menopausal weight through exercises may be achieved with brisk walking, sprinting, cardio exercises and strength training exercises. Biking and swimming may also help burn the fat all over the body at a gradual pace. You may choose to add dumbbells, free weights or weight lifting machines. It is recommended that you be consistent with these exercises for the recommended duration. Your fitness trainer or doctor can help determine the appropriate duration for you.
Weight Loss after Hypothyroid
You can lose the weight you gained as a result of hypothyroid disorder by adopting the right diet and exercise routines. You also need to follow your doctor’s directions regarding your nutrition as too much or too little can lead to negative results.
- Iodine is one of the vital nutrients needed for balancing the thyroid gland. Whole grains, fish, dairy products (skimmed milk, cottage cheese etc) and cereals are some of the natural sources of iodine.
- Foods rich in vitamin D like fatty fish, eggs, mushrooms and skimmed milk could be helpful in reducing the hypothyroid conditions.
- Selenium rich foods like yellow tuna, turkey, beef liver, fatless chicken, sardines and halibut may help in the restoration of this vital nutrient in your body. This is said to be highly required for restoring the normal functioning of the thyroid glands.
- Goitrogen is said to play a vital role in the synthesis of the thyroid hormone. So consuming foods rich in Goitrogen may help your body synthesize the right quantity of the thyroid hormone. This may indirectly help you prevent additional weight gain. Soy and cooked crucifers are said to be two main sources of Goitrogen.
- Yoga is one of the most recommended means of weight loss during and after hypothyroid problem. Shoulder stand posture is said to be beneficial in reducing the symptoms of hypothyroid and for losing weight. It could also be helpful in the elimination of neck pain, toning of neck muscles and shoulders. It may also help improve the metabolic processes and restoration of cardiovascular activities.
- Inverted posture is a simple workout for losing weight all over the body. You can do this by lying down flat on the stomach on a yoga mat. Then raise the upper portion of your body by putting your hands under your shoulders. You need to do this until your toes touch the floor behind your head. Another way to do this is, lie flat on your stomach on the yoga mat. Keep the rest of your body still and the legs straight, while lifting your body up by pressing your hands onto the ground beneath your belly and pressing your toes. Formation of a semicircle on your back is believed help boost weight loss.
- Plough pose is said to be a posture for weight loss and strengthening of neck and spinal cord.
Weight Loss for Women with Diabetes (Types 1 & 2)
Controlling the diabetic conditions should be the first step before you can think of starting any weight loss program. You may need to consult a qualified diabetic expert for this.
- Consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids like the fish, nuts and olive oil can help in breaking down the fat cells. The process is said to be beneficial in two ways. The first possible benefit is leaner body. And the second is energy production through fat and glucose burning. This also helps to promote collagen production, which may be helpful in toning the muscles and tightening the skin. However this process may take time and may need efforts from you in the form of regular exercise. Light jogging and brisk walking are the basic recommended forms of exercises.
- The recommended fibrous foods consist of soluble and insoluble forms. The most recommended soluble fibers are oats, barley and legumes. Insoluble fiber like wheat may help in alleviating health problems like constipation and congestion. Soluble fiber is also helpful for keeping the type 2 diabetes under control, while aiding weight loss. Mixing one spoon of wheat bran in your food daily may provide the amount of fiber you need. You can prevent fiber induced gas by adding garlic and pepper to your diet.
- As a diabetic, you need to avoid injuries during physical workouts. Moderate exercises like brisk walking and jogging can help improve cardiovascular functions, while keeping the blood sugar levels under control. These exercises may also help lower cholesterol levels as well as control stress levels. Not to mention that they may also help you lose weight gradually. The focus here is on losing fat induced weight and enhancing healthy muscle mass.
- Knee and leg stretch is said to help burn fat in the thigh muscles, thereby bringing flexibility to that area of the body. Lie flat on your back on a mat. Raise your legs by joining them together. You can stretch to a comfortable height. Then you can gradually get back to the original position. After repeating it for about 3 to 4 times you can then lift your hips up and hold still in a comfortable position for a few seconds before resting them back on the mat. This exercise may look simple, but it can be effective.
- Resistance exercises are done against a specific quantity of weight, immovable object or gravity. You can try out free weights or dumbbells. You can lift them with your legs by lying down flat on a bench. Trying with alternate legs to the maximum comfortable height and holding for a few seconds might help. Full body move by holding the dumbbell with both your hands while squatting may help in burning the hip and abdominal fat. You can also practice resistance training by standing straight near a wall and pushing it with your hands. This may help in burning the fat in your chest, arms and shoulders.
- Working on the rowing machine and treadmill may be helpful in getting your body into proper shape along with overall body fat burning.
How to Lose Weight after 50 and 60
Controlling your weight when you are 50 or 60 is vital to your general health and wellness. You need to ensure that your Body Mass Index (BMI) is normal. Get tested for blood sugar, hypertension, bone strength evaluation and cardiovascular health.
Obesity with Zero Other Problems
If obesity is the only problem you have and your body is absolutely free from any other health problems (as of now), you may wish to start with your diet program.
- Green veggies (raw or cooked) could be your breakfast menu. You may opt for salads, juices (beet, carrot and gooseberry) or fillings with bread toast. You may need to have this diet 30 minutes before starting with your morning workout programs. You can start with a brisk walk for few minutes, gently jog for the next few minutes and run for the next few seconds! Gradually you may find the seconds extending into minutes and few minutes extending into longer minutes of workout.
- Lean turkey, meat, fatless chicken with broccoli, cabbage, carrot or any other green leafy veggie of your choice could be your lunch. Having one glass of orange or lemon juice with Aloe Vera and mint leaves could be refreshing. A brief walk for 5 to 6 minutes after lunch may help make your body feel flexible and active. If you decided to continue this routine with few changes in the lunch recipe (with no fatty or oily content), you might be able to get used to the routine.
- Fibrous foods like cabbage, capsicum, beet or beans with tuna fish, pepper, garlic, ginger or onion fried in olive oil can look tempting. At the same time they may also help with fat burning. You may replace the fish with turkey, whole grain bread, pasta or any zero fat ingredients.
Obesity with Diabetes
You may need to focus on polyunsaturated fatty acids like fish, nuts and olive oil as the primary source of weight loss diet.
Regular exercise involving brisk walking and jogging might help in breaking down the stored fats.
You may be able to boost your health and physical fitness when you adopt few other workout routines like working on the treadmill (with moderate resistance), light weight dumbbells and cycling for a few minutes.
At the same time you may need to keep track of your blood sugar levels. Consultations and treatments from doctor may be needed for balancing your glucose levels.
- Whole grain bread with avocado, egg white, pepper, tangerine and few pieces of garlic could make a healthy toast. One cup of pomegranate juice could complete your breakfast. You may change the diet to include veggie salad and cucumber juice, veggies with brown rice and other fat and glucose free combinations.
- Salmon with veggies, vegetable soup with brown rice or fatless chicken with broccoli could be your lunch.
- Lentil salad with apple and carrot, fatless meat with plenty of green leaf veggies, mushroom with avocado or other similar combinations could be recommended for supper.
Obesity with Hypertension
Hypertension can occur due to the hormone fluctuations or other health factors. Anxiety, stress, diabetes, decreased estrogen levels and menopause could also be probable causes. Before taking up the diet plan you may need to consult with your doctor and take measures to keep your hypertension under control.
- You need to ensure healthy sleep cycles every day.
- Check your insulin levels in case you have any signs of diabetes.
- You may need to get your hormone levels tested for healthy ratio of estrogen and androgen.
- You should also check your BMI and confirm it is a case of obesity, if you have any confusion. Once you are through with these tests you may start with your diet program for weight loss. If you have any problems with points 2 or 3, you may need to take treatments prescribed by your doctor along with your diet and physical workout program.
- Veggies (cooked or raw) should make up the bulk of your diet. You may opt for carrot, beet, cabbage, broccoli, cucumber, onion, avocado, sweet potato and other dark green veggies. You may add wholegrain bread, pasta, finger millet and fat free dairy products. Salmon fish, lean meat and fat free turkey could also be added to your diet plan.
- Long distance walking in the early morning hours is said to be one of the most efficient physical workouts. Taking part in sports like tennis, basketball and badminton might help in weight reduction while controlling the blood pressure.
- Simple yoga postures like Pranayama, lotus posture, Vajrasana and others might help relieve the stressful conditions in your body. Meditation may not necessarily help you in losing weight, but may be useful in controlling the psychological stress you have.
Losing Weight after Gallbladder Removal
- For starters, you can “live healthy” without gallbladder, provided you follow certain simple guidelines. Secondly, your weight loss may be gradual but the expected results can be achieved over time. It is recommended that you avoid the urge to lose weight fast.
- Vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish, fat free poultry, beans, pasta and low fat dairy products may be recommended foods. Sugar and salt may have to be avoided to keep hypertension at bay. Your doctor may have to instruct you on the quantity of foods you need to consume. This is very important because your digestion rate may have decreased after gallbladder removal.
- Physical workouts may include walking and jogging. You can also participate in basketball, tennis and other family sports. Before thinking of weight lifting, resistance training and other exercises, you may need to consult your doctor for guidance.
Best Weight Loss Supplements for Women Comparison Table
|PRODUCT||TYPE||FUNCTIONS||POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS||MONEY BACK GUARANTEE||FREE SHIPPING||RATING|
|PhenQ||Fat burner, Appetite suppressant||Burns fat, suppresses appetite, increases energy, enhances muscles, improves mood||Nausea, headache, digestive issues||45 day money back guarantee||Free shipping worldwide on orders of 2 bottles or more|
|Phen375||Fat burner, Appetite Suppressant||Burns fat, suppresses appetite, increases energy, builds muscles||Stool problems, nausea and digestive issues||None||No|
|Clenbutrol||Fat burner||Burns fat, boosts energy, builds and preserves muscles||Sleeplessness, nausea and slight hand tremors||None||Free shipping on all orders to UK and USA|
Detailed research, analysis and interpretation of various aspects of Weight Loss for Women indicated certain facts. The physiology of women might be naturally conditioned to inhibit easy weight loss. This might be said with respect to the long term deposits of fat in the hips, posterior and thighs region.
This could be due to natural instincts of protecting and caring for the baby in the womb during pregnancy.
The hormonal imbalance during menstrual cycles, post natal and menopause periods could pose a reasonable resistance to weight loss. Sensible use of weight loss pills for women combined with healthy diet and exercise may help solve these problems.