Truth is, a lot of people are now using Garcinia Cambogia extract for natural weight loss. It seems that every other day a new super diet supplement hits the shelves. Most often these supplements have very little scientific research behind them.
So, here we introduce Garcinia Cambogia: neither new, nor artificial, and with decades of scientific study.
Garcinia Cambogia is a tropical fruit named the malabar tamarind. It resembles a pumpkin or squash, but is actually a citrus fruit.
Its properties were discovered long ago by natives, and again by the scientific community in the 1960s.
Its active ingredient is a form of citric acid called Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) – most concentrated in the rind.
Once lauded as a super “drug” for dieting, HCA suffered in the press during the 90s with a damning report (JAMA Study)¹.
However, later studies disputed the findings of JAMA, due to inappropriate dosage and the HCA source (fruit) used was not even disclosed.
Most recent studies, such as the Preuss Study² (Georgetown University), a blind study, showed some 400% more weight loss against a placebo, when taken with calcium and potassium.
Garcinia Cambogia comes in many guises from full 100% pure (60% HCA) down to lower concentrations mixed with calcium salts, potassium, magnesium or non-active ingredients.
HCA should be at 50% minimum for BEST effects.
Garcinia Cambogia Extract for Natural Weight Loss – Benefits
- Reduces metabolism of carbohydrates into fat
- Effective hunger suppressant
- Supports healthy fat metabolism
- Helps increase lean muscle growth
- Supports digestive function
- Reduces cortisol (stress hormone)
- Helps keep blood sugar levels in check
- Helps keep cholesterol in check
Sounds impressive, right? So, I hear you ask, are there any side effects?
Possible Side Effects of Garcinia Cambogia
Well, there are no main side effects, and is most likely quite safe for a course of 12 weeks under the correct dosage.
Long term safety is not known (reliable studies have not been conducted – it is not intended as an ongoing supplement).
Some people may have an allergic reaction to the fruit itself, possibly including: nausea, digestive tract discomfort, or headaches.
Any other reasons to avoid it?
It should be avoided during Pregnancy and breastfeeding, as not enough is known, and it is best to err on the side of caution.
Dieting for weight loss not recommended during pregnancy anyway.
People taking medicine to lower glucose levels should seek medical advice and regular blood sugar level tests as Garcinia Cambogia will also lower glucose levels.
The same is true for people on cholesterol lowering drugs – seek medical advice.
Some early studies on Garcinia Cambogia highlighted dangers with respect to kidney and liver damage.
While this has since been attributed to secondary ingredients at the time and very high dosages during the tests, it is still wise to avoid it if you have kidney or liver problems.
Why Choose Garcinia Cambogia Extract for Natural Weight Loss Over other Dieting Supplements?
- It is 100% natural and fruit based
- It has been under scientific research for over 50 years
- It works on two fronts: reduce hunger AND reduce fat absorption.
- FDA and MHRA approved.
- Recent studies show it may be effective in type 2 diabetes by making it easier for the body to use glucose; and lower insulin levels.
Studies also show that Garcinia Cambogia can reduce LDL (the bad cholesterol) and raise HDL (the good cholesterol).
Recommended Garcinia Cambogia Extract for Natural Weight Loss
Most health food shops and large pharmacies carry one different brands of this weight loss supplement.
However, the best bargains, and most information, can be found online. The brand we recommend is Garcinia Pure by Evolution Slimming.
Evolution Slimming’s offering contains 90 capsules of 1000mg 100% pure Garcinia Cambogia (60% HCA). It is also Caffeine FREE.
Currently, there is a 20.5% discount on a single bottle, 30% of 2 bottles, 33% off on a 3 bottles, and a whopping 45% discount on 6 bottles.
If you buy Garcinia Pure and DetoxPlus together, you get a 20% discount for a month supply.
Note: Evolution Slimming also offers another Garcinia Cambogia Supplement that contains Potassium and calcium, with 60% HCA for optimal benefits.
For a great, all natural, dieting supplement that really works, that has stood up to expert challenges for decades, look no further than Garcinia Cambogia!
1. Heymsfield SB, et al. Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 1998 Nov 11;280(18):1596-600.
2. Preuss HG, et al. Efficacy of a novel, natural extract of (-)-hydroxycitric acid (HCA-SX) and a combination of HCA-SX, niacin-bound chromium and Gymnema sylvestre extract in weight management in human volunteers: a pilot study. Nutrition Research. 2004 Jan; 24(1); 45-58.