Vegetables are rich in vital nutrients that our body needs to function optimally. They are also quite essential for healthy weight loss.
However, because of hectic lifestyle, a lot of us do not have the time to consume the recommended servings of vegetables a day. That’s where super greens come in handy!
When thinking about super green, salad veggies are not enough. Salad vegetables such as iceberg lettuce have little nutrition compared to super greens.
So What are Super Green?
Super greens are powder supplements that have multiple benefits and a wealth of nutrition. Super greens are packed with vitamins and other vital nutrients that just having a few scoops a day is highly beneficial.
These greens are fiber rich and also packed with phytonutrients that are very beneficial for your well being.
Here are a few of the vegetables that are generally present in super greens powder supplements:
1. Barley Grass is known for its ability to lower blood pressure and sugar, cholesterol and decrease the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome such as diarrhea. This super green is used to soothe stomach pain. Barley grass is rich in fat, carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins. While barley grass is a superfood it has been linked to discomfort for people suffering from celiac’s disease due to its gluten content.
2. Alfafa Grass is another grass that is beneficial for the health the human body. This grass is anti-inflammatory and boosts the body’s immune system, which makes it extremely beneficial for people who suffer from auto immune diseases such as Lupus. This grass also lowers cholesterol and has antioxidants, which helps protect the body from radiation and free radicals.
3. Chlorophyll is abundant is super greens, which is why many users mention that their skin has become clearer and that they feel lighter. This substance only occurs in green vegetables and is rich in not only enzymes but also has the ability to destroy free radicals inside of the body making managing your inner health a breeze.
4. Wheat Grass is the cream of the crop when it comes to green grasses. Wheat grass is the most superior green. Why? It can absorb over 90% of the known nutrients found in soil when grown in an organic manner. Translation— a potency that is unsurpassed by literally any other known green. Wheat grass is also mostly comprised of chlorophyll which makes it that much better for the body and immune system.
5. Chlorella is a kind of algae that is abundant in the Pacific Ocean, which is why so many chlorella supplements are imported from Japan. One of the most amazing things about chlorella is that it has the ability to increase healthy bacteria found in your gut to boost your digestive process. This is extremely beneficial for people who struggle with constipation or digestive issues. Chlorella is commonly used topically to get rid of rashes and signs of STDs. This super green is rich in protein, fat, minerals, carbohydrates, fiber, Chlorophyll and vitamins.
6. Spirulina is rich in blue algae, which are created through photosynthesis. This super green is rich in b vitamins, protein, copper and iron. Not only is this green a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance, this green also works overtime to lower cholesterol. Spirulina also fights against fat oxidation which can be extremely harmful to the body.
What are the Benefits of Super Greens?
The health benefits of greens seem just about endless. Greens have been said to reduce the risk of many diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
One of the benefits that get greens their super food title is the fact that greens have also been shown to help reduce extra weight.
Greens are also extremely rich in vitamins A and K as well as Potassium, which helps to decrease blood pressure and bad cholesterol.
B Vitamins are necessary for a healthy metabolism and immune system.
Who Should Be Taking Super Greens?
- Those who want to boost their immune system
- Those who want to improve their over-all health
- Fitness enthusiasts
- Those looking to lose weight
The reality of the situation is, if you eat any vegetables at all you can consume super greens. Some dietitians recommend consuming up to 12 cups of greens per day, which works out to be roughly 6 servings.
Obviously eating this much greens can be quite a challenge, so supplementing with supper green powder is a no-brainer.
How to Take Super Greens
Consuming super greens is quite easy and quick. You can add the powder to water, smoothie, juice, shakes and even soups and broths. The possibilities are endless!
How Do Super Greens Help with Weight Loss
Super greens are nutrient dense. When a food is rich in nutritional value it is more prone to fill you up. Ever wonder why you can’t have just one potato chip? They lack the nutrients your body needs to function properly and thrive.
Super greens are also fiber rich. So, if you are one of those who are not easily satiated or feel hungry all the time, you may find that regular consumption of super greens especially when combined with a healthy diet that has an adequate portion of protein does the trick.
Simply by incorporating super greens into your daily diet, you will end up consuming less calories overall. The natural calorie deficit will result in weight loss as long as your body is being properly nourished.
Any Side Effects?
Almost everything in life comes with its drawbacks. There are people who are allergic to greens and those who simply cannot stomach them.
Eating too much fiber rich greens can have a laxative result, which may be accompanied by stomach cramps.
This is one of the main reasons why you should start off slowly. Starting off slowly (with smaller quantity of the super green powder) will give your body the time it needs to help adjust to metabolizing the leafy veggies.
Super greens are extremely beneficial to include in your diet. Not only do they help to boost your general health (both physically and emotionally), but they can also help you to drop those extra pounds due to their satiating attributes.
However, remember that results don’t happen overnight. You can’t just reap the benefits of super greens by taking it just for one day. You just have to give it time to work!
Does it actually work getting married next summer need to lose weight
Supergreens can help with weight loss if you combine it with healthy diet and exercise. Meanwhile, congrats on you upcoming wedding.